December 31, 2011

My life on twitter . . . end of 2011


Selected daily updates from end of October 2011 - end of December 2011.



December 31, 2011
Nothing like your 2-year-old shoving a peanut up his nose to make the evening more exciting.

December 30, 2011
It's funny how having another baby makes you love ALL of your kids more. You'd think your love might be divided, but it just multiplies.

December 28, 2011 Today's the first time I've ever NOT been pregnant on my due date!  Happy 40 weeks to Claire!

December 27, 2011
No crying she made . . . http://t.co/Mm0BvMUR

Just sitting here cuddling and waiting to be discharged.  We can't wait to have all THREE of our kids home together! http://t.co/tmFDD9eq

December 26, 2011
Thanking God for another life He's entrusted to us.  Sitting here looking at Claire and praying that He'll make us equal to the task.

Jack and Ben meet Claire . . .  http://t.co/sjKqS7iq

Claire Grace Luke was born this morning at 8:22 AM!  8 lbs. 13 oz. and 21.5 inches long! http://t.co/pPyggpci

If Claire comes in the next 4.5 hours that would be great!  I'm already thinking about how cool a candy cane themed birthday party would be!

December 25, 2011
Just sitting there thinking about how grown up he looked.  That's what I was doing around the time my water broke. http://t.co/UxvWvBst

December 24, 2011
Trying to decide which of the two shirts I own that will still fully cover my belly I should wear today.  Decisions, decisions.

December 22, 2011
There is a baby inside of me. A real, wiggly little person just waiting to come out. Even the 3rd time around, I'm still amazed.

December 20, 2011
Jack asked to listen to Angels We Have Heard on High since we're driving to Chelsea. I was puzzled and he said "You know? In Chelsea's deo?"

Thank you, babycenter, for the email letting me know that my baby is now the size of a small watermelon.  That's comforting.

December 19, 2011
We bought a tomato at the grocery store tonight.  Not because it was on our list but because it had ben's dental impression in it.

Tonight we heard the first "NOT FAIR!" from Ben.  That's special.

December 17, 2011
Have I mentioned that Jack wants Claire's middle name to be Shareen or Carter? And when I said "probably not" his feelings were really hurt.

December 15, 2011
It's 55 degrees. In December.  In Michigan.  You'll never hear me complain about that . . .

I just heard Kyle say, "WE DO NOT WIPE OUR NOSES ON THE CARPET!"  It's been one of those mornings . . .

December 14, 2011
Nine years ago today, Kyle and I woke up early for our morning wedding.  Today we woke up early for a morning OB appointment.

December 12, 2011
Jack: "When I was born, did you love me so much that you couldn't believe your eyes?" I couldn't have said it better.

This morning, Ben said that Jesus was in the manger for a time out.  I think we'll review the Christmas story today.

Being due around Christmas has given me a new perspective on the season of Advent . . . expecting, waiting, preparing . . .

December 9, 2011
Suddenly aware of the fact that in a few weeks we'll be starting ALL OVER AGAIN. From the very beginning.  For the third time.

December 7, 2011
I'm having a "buying new underwear is easier than doing laundry" kind of week.

December 3, 2011
I just told Ben that I love him and he said, "Love you more."  Right after he gave "Baby Dare" (Dare = Claire) kisses. Melt. My. Heart.

November 30, 2011
There's nothing that says "good morning" like the crash of a tree falling on your house.

November 26, 2011
Jack kept singing "At least tie a knot . . . " over and over.  It just hit me that he thought he was singing "Felix Navidad."

November 21
Driving in the parking lot during preschool pick up is what I'd imagine it's like driving in a third world country.  Only paved.

November 18, 2011
I hope to make it through my entire life without ever having to cook a turkey.

November 16, 2011
I don't think Claire is in the fetal position.  I think she's 100% stretched out so that she can jam limbs into as many places as possilbe.

November 14, 2011
It's the perfect day for inside races, don't you think? http://t.co/PRPZzOUf

Kyle's complaining to me about the 97/100 he got on his paper.  I'm trying so hard to muster up sympathy, but it's just not coming.

November 13, 2011
Someone's getting really good at his spelling and letters! http://t.co/HyuBaI2V

November 12, 2011
My first load of pinks.  Fingers crossed that the ultrasound tech was right! http://t.co/fTD6WXek

November 11, 2011
Ben's obsessed with our Alan Trammell bobblehead.  He just tucked him in for "nap time."

November 10, 2011
I think that if I were to tell you how awesome my husband really is, you'd probably think I was exaggerating.  Even though I wouldn't be.

November 9, 2011
"I can't wait to turn 5 years old.  I'm going to be the king of 5."

"Mom, do you know what I'm going to do when my children ask to watch a show?  I'm going to let them. All day long. And they'll love me."

November 2, 2011
Jack: "I wish I could go back to when I was three years old.  Back then, you loved me so much and never made me pout like this."  Oh, drama.

October 29, 2011
Text: Just sitting here . . . you know . . . dipping things in chocolate.

No comments: