November 12, 2008

In five minutes or less . . .

JUNK MAIL. I hate spam. I get so much of it. I'm not just talking about advertisements from places from which I've made purchases. I'm talking about the people trying to sell me questionable drugs, or the guy who wants me to think that I've inherited a large sum from a long lost relative overseas. I can't imagine what I would get if I didn't have a spam filter. I think it's fair to make a general assumption that e-mail from anyone named "Virgil" is probably junk mail.

REGRESSION. Jack crawled around the house all afternoon a few days ago, only standing up to reach things that he couldn't from his hands and knees. Every so often, he'd just roll over on his back and lay there laughing. He's been walking for 7 months. And I suppose he just thought it would be fun to crawl. Please tell me that this is normal.

CHRISTMAS. Last week was such a down week, and playing Christmas music this week has REALLY helped to lift my spirits. It's amazing how much it helps. It doesn't hurt that Jack now tries to sing along . . . and it melts my heart every time I hear him. Also, I made my first Christmas gift purchases and I'm so excited to get them! The girls who will be receiving them are not yet old enough to read my blog, so I feel safe posting this! 1 3/4 gifts down . . . a bajillion more to go. There's a good chance that many of you who receive gifts from me will receive etsy gifts this year. So if you see something you like out there, send me the link! I'm compiling a list of my favorite sellers items to share a little bit closer to Thanksgiving for those of you looking to give awesome, handmade gifts this year.

CLEAN. Last Thursday and Friday, Kyle picked up and cleaned the entire house. This meant more to me than anyone could imagine. He knows that I function much better in a clean house than I do in a messy one and I was just not in the frame of mind to get it done! I am so grateful for how he takes care of me.

FOUR HUNDRED. I hit 400 sales on Monday. I'm thrilled! I'm seriously questioning whether or not Kyle and I will send out a Christmas card this year. Ironically enough, I have no one to take a family picture. Joy took a few when she was here, but . . . well, let's just say that I wasn't looking my best. Also, I don't know when I'll have time to design one. There are a lot of designs in my shop that I would send from us, but when you work with them every day they all start to get kind of old. You know what I mean? So I'd want something that I don't do every day . . . but every time I design something new, I like it so much that post it in my shop. It's a vicious cycle.

That's all my time . . . don't forget to tip your waitress.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Crawling is normal. So is laughter...

Hey- Michelle and I are coming to SAU Monday. Maybe you could bring camera and family and I could take some pics for you.

John

Crystal said...

we are having a hard time getting a family photo too...i am thinking that just moses might be on our card (that was fabulously designed) this year. :) YAY for 400 sales!! :) I am so thrilled for you!!

Cristi Hammond said...

congrats on all the sales! i am loving the Christmas music too!

Bruce and Lynn Jarrett said...

Just remember the more Jack actually crawls the better he will read. HONEST! Crawling triggers a part of the brain that helps the "learning to read" process. I personally think he was bored and self-entertaining. You're a great mom. Keep up the good work!

The Giffen Family said...

This is one of my favorite shops this year! It's not terribly fancy jewelry and is something that any gal could wear on a daily basis. A gift for a new mama would be perfect from here!
P.S I'll be hitting your site soon for a card design...but I'm in the same boat with a family picture. The little man doesn't want to cooperate.