May 20, 2008

Hide and seek

It's shocking that Jack didn't sleep better last night after this. He hasn't slept through the night in about two weeks. Last night, he woke up four times, the last of which ended in me sleeping with him in the spare bedroom. Kyle had to sleep with him in there two nights before that. I don't know what's going on with him. Full moon, maybe? But that's not what this post is about.

Let me set the stage . . . I was changing Jack's diaper when the phone rang. So, I quickly secured the diaper and set him down without pants while I answered the phone. Toward the end of my conversation, I heard Jack laughing hysterically. It went on for about 5 minutes before I was off the phone. He and Murphy were essentially playing a game of tag . . . which evolved into a game of hide and seek. Though, Jack was waving around one of Murphy's bones, so maybe it was a game of keep away.

At first, I thought Murphy was trying to avoid Jack, but any time he seemed to lose interest, she'd try and get his attention again. So, I grabbed the video camera and caught the last 15 - 20 minutes of their little game. I edited it down to 3 1/2 minutes. My favorite parts are when he's been laughing so hard and running so much that he can barely stand up! If nothing else, just watch the first minute. And turn the volume up.

3 comments:

Smith Family Blog said...

That was GREAT. You need to go back and watch that whenever you have another corn syrup day. :)

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE IT!! :)

Elisa said...

Very cute. Zackary and I enjoyed watching it!!