August 6, 2007

Unfit Parent, Part 2

I missed Jack's 2-week check-up today. I mean 2 months. I guess I could have gone back and deleted "week" and substituted "month," but it seems more honest this way.

Anyway, It's just one more thing to add to my "I'm an unfit parent because . . ." list. I thought for sure the appointment was on Tuesday, but it was today. The best part of the whole story is Kyle saying to me this afternoon, "Didn't Jack have a doctor's appointment today?" That would have been a lot more helpful if it had been said in the morning. So, we're out a $25 no-show fee and we're going on Wednesday now.

When I got off the phone with the nice lady who told me that I missed the appointment, I burst into tears. Not just normal crying, but ugly crying. You know . . . the kind where your face contorts into all kinds of unpleasant shapes and you get all red and blotchy. I'm still not sure why. Can postpartum depression begin at 2 months? I don't honestly think I'm depressed, but I've definitely been more down over the last week or two.

I also had my follow up appointment at my doctor's office on Friday. Except I was at the beach with our staff on Friday. Whoops. I'm getting pretty good about missing appointments.

I know that money can't buy happiness, but I honestly think I would be happier if I were independently wealthy. Kyle just entered us in a sweepstakes where we could win a new house or $125,000 in cash. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I am familiar with the red blotchy crying, mouth contorting into the ugliest shape imagineable cry...yes...I've been there recently my friend....I find that watching the THS of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck help to numb the pain...or is that intensify?
P.S. You are a great mom who loves her little boy with an unsurpassable amout of love...I've seen it first hand.